Skinceuticals Phloretin Cf Broad-range Antioxidant Treatment
• Prevents cell mutation by shielding skin?s DNA and accelerates cell turnover
• Inhibits UV-induced discolorations
• Boosts skin?s support structure
Description of Phloretin Cf Broad-range Antioxidant Treatment:
Phloretin C F Awards:
Phloretin CF featured in Marie Claire as a "Beauty Must-Have"
"SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF... buh-bye brown spots - we swear - after a week of using this supercharged antioxidant serum (layered under sunscreen, of course)." - Marie Claire, April 2009
Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner 2011
Category: Best of Skin Care - Anti-Aging Treatment: Antioxidant
A broad-spectrum treatment that is an advanced environmental protectant and defense from reactive molecules (including free radicals) known to cause cellular damage. In addition to it's superior antioxidant capabilities, Phloretin CF has been proven to correct existing damage from the inside out. The combination of Phloretin with Vitamin C and Ferulic antioxidants gives a broad anti-aging spectrum.
• Provides advanced environmental protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
• Stimulates collagen synthesis to improve the signs of aging.
• Diminishes hyperpigmentation and accelerates cellular renewal to retexture skin.
• Once absorbed, this serum cannot be washed or rubbed off. It remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours, making it an excellent addition to sunscreen.
Benefits of Phloretin:
A natural element found in certain apples and tomatoes that maintains the health and longevity of the fruit, Phloretin is a flavonoid with potent antioxidant properties that suppress Lipid Peroxidation (Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2002;295:9-13). Phloretin also reduces Tyrosinase, an enzyme that if uncontrolled during a melanoma scare may result in an increase in Melanin Synthesis (Wikipedia). Phloretin has skin lightening properties and is shown to modulate Carcinogen metabolism with anti-inflammatory, anti-hormonal activities and anti-proliferative potential and a is a strong inhibitors of Cyclooxygenase-1 giving chemopreventive benefits. Phloretin has also been shown to inhibit growth of several cancer cells including B16 melanoma, HL60 Human Leukemia cells and HT-29 human colon cancer cells.