Skinceuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
• Corrects severe signs of aging in mature skin.
• Improves skin’s upper layers onto the dermis to increase elasticity and thickness
Description of A.G.E. Interrupter:
One main cause of visible aging is GLYCATION, which occurs when excess glucose molecules bind to collagen and elastin fibers and prompt the formation of advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E.s). A.G.E. Interrupter is a nonpareil treatment formulated with 4% blueberry extract, 30% Proxylane™ and 0.2% phytosphingosine that blocks the glycation process and emends the severe signs of aging in mature skin. Darn GLYCATION !
• Blueberry extract slows down the process of advanced Glycation End-Product (A.G.E.) formation and prevents collagen and elastin fibers from becoming rigid.
• Proxylane™ stimulates GAG synthesis, restores water and nutrients to the dermal-epidermal junction.
• Phytosphingosine protects the skin’s barrier and alleviates discomfort associated with dry,aging skin.
In a clinical study using fluorescent measurements Blueberry Extract, in the presence of Ribose as a means to reduce sugar had a similar dose response to positively control Aminoguanidine, a potent Glycation Inhibitor. In addition, in reconstructed skin containing collagen modified by Glycation, treatment with Blueberry Extract diminished CML Antibodies (one of the A.G.E.s found in chronologically aged skin in-vivo) and returned previously over-expressed biomarkers to a normal pattern of distribution. These results indicate a return to skin’s normal morphological structure. Elementary my Dear Watson !
The Science Behind the Ingredients:
Blueberry extract is both an Antioxidant and Anti-Glycation ingredient that inhibits advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E.s) while preventing further oxidation from occurring. Proxylane rebuilds the support structure that is degrading as a direct result of intrinsic aging and efficiently improves anchorage of the skin’s upper layers onto the dermis. This increases elasticity and thickness. Phytosphingosine protects the skin’s barrier, while rich emollients hydrate dry, cracking skin.